Expert Witness Valuation of North London Property - Litigation Support
We provide litigation support to firms of solicitors specialising in this field. We have experience of providing valuation evidence to tribunals (including the Courts) including giving evidence in person at the tribunal concerned, and negotiations with other expert witnesses.
Examples of tribunals we have prepared evidence for include various County Courts, the Leasehold Valuation Tribunal (now the First-tier tribunal - Property Chamber (Residential Property)), the Lands Tribunal, and the London North West Vauation Tribunal.
Our clients commonly request expert witness reports in the case of matrimonial disputes. If the dispute is at an early stage, and a Court has not made an order for a valuation report to be procured, we are also able to provide (at a lower cost) expert reports for the purpose of the two parties two parties trying to reach an agreement. Such reports can be upgraded at a later date to expert witness reports (which the Court can rely on) if necessary.
All three of our RICS Registered Valuers have acted as Single Joint Expert and between them have 88 years of post-qualification experience.
Other situations where our clients require expert witness reports include the following:
- A house having been converted without planning permission to flats where an enforcement notice has been served - we have provided valuation advice in respect of the leasehold and freehold interests before and after the enforcement notice has been complied with.
- A flat which has been extended without the freeholder's permission where this was required.
- Residential and commercial properties where a lender believes that there may be a case of negligence on the part of the original valuer - we advise both in respect of more straightforward valuations of 'standing properties' (and portfolios of these) and in respect of development sites.
- Section 18 cases in respect of a claim for dilapidations, where the two parties are in dispute as to whether the value of the property in repair is any greater than the value of the property in its existing condition.
- Retrospective valuations - these are most frequently required when a case of valuation negligence is being considered in respect of a loan security valuation.
- Disputes over the Council Tax banding of a property.
- Commercial property rent review and lease renewal (the Landlord & Tenant Act 1954) disputes.
- Compulsory purchase, including complex development valuation cases.
- lease extensions and collective enfranchisement of residential property under the Leasehold Reform and Urban Development Act 1993 and The Leasehold Reform Act 1967, when terms are unable to be agreed by negotiation, although we are able to agree the vast majority of cases to avoid the costs of a tribunal.
Where expert witness valuation evidence is required, this is provided in compliance with Part 35 of the Civil Procedure Rules (CPR) 1998 including the Protocol for the Instruction of Experts to give Evidence in Civil Claims. The expert witness valuation reports we provide also comply with the requirements of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), as set down in 'Surveyors acting as Expert Witnesses RICS Practice Statement' (3rd edition). A copy of this is available on request.
We provide expert witness valuation reports of both commercial and residential property in North London.
For expert witness valuation services, please contact:
Joe Salmon MRICS, RICS Registered Valuer, 020 8920 9941
Michael Gilmartin FRICS, RICS Registered Valuer, 020 8882 0111
James Gilmartin MRICS, RICS Registered Valuer, 020 8920 9944
or by email firstname.lastname@example.org